spoon

Recent Recipes

MoNsTeR cOoKiEs

1

Category :

I held off on posting this recipe for two reasons. First, I accidentally altered the recipe when I made them for myself. The recipe was passed on to me from a good friend at work who received it from a friend of hers. "You will LOVE these cookies!" was proof enough that I needed to try them right away. So I quickly scanned over the recipe and got to work. It wasn't until the first batch came out of the oven that I glanced again at the recipe and thought "oh good grief... 1/2 cup of butter?? I put TWO sticks in there!!" Fortunately for me, I also only had 3/4 cup peanut butter left in the jar instead of the 1 1/4 cups the recipe called for. I figure the 1/2 cup of butter just replaced the 1/2 cup of peanut butter (fair trade, right?) The result (having tried both recipes now) is a slightly thinner (yet, tastefully chewy) cookie with a hint of peanut butter taste (instead of overpowering.) The other slight alterations resulted from the lack of ingredients found in my pantry. I figure it was a lucky mistake since the result was probably one of the best cookies I've ever tasted.

The second reason I held off on posting was because the cookies were gone before I could take a decent picture and I hate posting recipes without an accompanying photo. But alas, the demands were too great to hold off any longer :) So here you go Steph, this one's for you ;)


Monster Cookies

1 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp light karo syrup
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
4 cups old fashioned oats
1/4 cup flour
1 cup plain m&ms
1/2-3/4 cup mini (or regular) chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Beat butter with sugars on medium speed of a stand mixer until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add peanut butter and beat until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating until combined after each addition. Add vanilla and karo syrup; mix until combined. Add salt and baking soda. Add oats and flour and mix until combined. Stir in m&ms and chocolate chips.

Drop dough by rounded tablespoonful (I used a medium sized cookie scoop), 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on pans for 5 minutes before removing to racks to cool completely.

ENJOY!!

1 comments:

Hi! I've posted a comment on these cookies before but it must not have worked. I found out I'm the one you got this recipe from being that Missy is my sister and I'm her "friend." Hope you enjoy it! We used to make them all the time until we found out our daughter has a peanut allergy 6 years ago. But we've tried sunbutter instead of PB so it suffices. Speaking of which...might need to make batch of them this weekend!!

Thanks for your blog! I love to check it out! You also inspired me to create one of my own for the Supper Club I belong to so thanks!! And I have all the ingred to make your Garlic Pork Stir-Fry soon! :)

Post a Comment

Search

Powered by Blogger.