spoon

Recent Recipes

Walnut and Rosemary Oven Fried Chicken

0

Category :


My husband never complains about what I make for dinner (except on the rare occasion that I've made soup... he's not a big "soup for dinner" kind of guy.)  So I occasionally have to ask him what he thinks of my new recipes and can usually gauge how much he really likes them by his genuine responses.  One of the ways I know I've found a good recipe is when he tells me, without prompting,  "this is great honey!" as he finishes every last bite.

The flavors in this recipe prompted just such a response and I couldn't have agreed more.  A quick and easy weeknight meal, I paired it with a baked potato and steamed veggies.

Walnut and Rosemary Oven-Fried Chicken
1/4 cup low fat buttermilk
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
4 chicken cutlets (or 4 small 6 oz breasts pounded slightly)
1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmigiano- Reggiano cheese
3/4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Preheat oven to 425.

Combine buttermilk and mustard in a shallow dish, stirring with a whisk.  Add chicken to buttermilk mixture, turning to coat.

Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat.  Add panko to pan; cook 3 minutes or until golden, stirring frequently.  Combine panko, nuts and next 4 ingredients in a shallow dish.  Remove chicken from buttermilk mixture; discard buttermilk mixture.  Dredge chicken in panko mixture.

Arrange a wire rack on a large baking sheet; coat rack with cooking spray.  Arrange chicken on rack; coat chicken with cooking spray (or spray lightly with olive oil.)  Bake at 425 for 13 minutes or until chicken is done.

Calories: 292, Fat: 9.6g, Sat: 1.6g, Protein: 42.7g, Carb: 6.8g, Fiber: 0.9g

*Courtesy of Cooking Light*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Powered by Blogger.