spoon

Recent Recipes

Best Tuna Casserole... EVER

0

Category : ,


Growing up we ate tuna casserole at least once or twice a month. It was a quick easy dinner for my working mama to make and everyone (besides my little brother who wasn't "fond" of fish) loved it. Good old fashioned comfort food at its best. Years later when I introduced my version to my kids it came as no surprise that they loved it just as much. Though I may attempt a version someday that omits the traditional canned cream of mushroom soup, I can't mess with perfection here yet. I have yet to jump on that healthy bandwagon though I try to use it only occasionally. But I understand passing this recipe by if you're completely turned off by the use of it. Just know, you'll be missing out on a creamy dish of tuna noddle goodness.


Tuna Casserole
2 cups dried small shell macaroni (or elbow macaroni)
1 can healthy request cream of mushroom soup
1/3 cup milk
1/3 cup light mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
2 (6 oz) cans tuna, drained
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon paprika

Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. In a large bowl combine soup, milk, mayo and mustard. Stir in tuna. Add cooked macaroni. Gently fold in shredded cheese. Transfer to a greased casserole dish.

In a small bowl combine bread crumbs, melted butter and paprika. Sprinkle over macaroni mixture.

Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until heated through.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Powered by Blogger.