spoon

Recent Recipes

Chicken Carne Asada Tacos

0

Category :




No, the recipe did not call for homemade tortillas but I ran across an incredibly simple recipe and decided to give it a try. Not only was it a ton of fun, but storebought tortillas will never compare. I'm not a huge fan of corn tortillas as they tend to fall apart so easily. These tacos were amazing and as Joe told me, I could quote him saying "Mmmmmm!!" We couldn't stop raving. Perfect paired with a side of black beans and corn (and an ice cold margarita.)

Homemade Tortillas
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup water
3 Tbsp. olive oil
In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Stir in water and oil. Turn onto a floured surface and knead 5-6 times. Divide dough into 8 equal portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 7-inch circle.
In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook tortillas over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Keep warm.

*NOTE* When rolling portions into circles, do NOT stack them on top of each other unless seperated by wax paper... My 8 tortillas turned into one fat tortilla by the time I finished rolling them all and I had to start over, dividing them and rolling them a second time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Powered by Blogger.