spoon

Recent Recipes

Greek Turkey Burgers

0

Category :

OK, so I don't have a picture for this one. I promise I will not be slacking off much but this recipe (and most burgers in general) was not very photogenic. I have to say honestly that all of the pictures I post are my very own photos and are not doctored in any way (have you HEARD what they do to the food they take pictures of for magazines and cookbooks???) This one you'll just have to take my word for. They were absolutely FABULOUS! I served them on toasted Oroweat Sandwich Thins which have become a favorite of ours since you get to taste so much more of the burger that way (AND cut down on calories from a filling bun...) I also cut out the olives in half of the Olive-Tomato Relish since the only two things my husband will not eat are olives and mushrooms. Brendan and I, however, LOVE olives so we splurged with ours.


Greek Turkey Burgers

1 egg white
1/3 cup dry wheat bread crumbs
1 Tbsp. milk
1 (0.7-oz.) envelope Italian salad dressing mix
1 lb. ground uncooked turkey or chicken
4 pita bread rounds, sandwich thins, or whole wheat buns
1 recipe Olive-Tomato Relish (below)
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese

In a large bowl, use a whisk to beat egg white; stir in bread crumbs, milk, and half of the dry salad dressing mix. Add turkey; mix well. Set aside remaining dry salad dressing mix for relish. Shape turkey mixture into four 3/4-inch thick patties. Place patties on grill rack directly over medium heat; grill for 14 to 18 minutes turning once, halfway through grilling. Serve patties on buns with feta cheese and Olive-Tomato Relish.

Olive-Tomato Relish: In a small bowl, stir together 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar, 2 teaspoons olive oil and reserved salad dressing mix. Stir in 1 cup chopped tomatoes, 1/4 cup chopped cucumber, and 1/4 cup chopped kalamata or ripe olives. Serve on top of burgers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Powered by Blogger.