spoon

Recent Recipes

Sweet Potato Pecan Pancakes

0

Category :


I ran across this recipe in an email quite awhile ago. I printed it out and filed it away but decided this weekend would be a "new breakfasts" weekend and this one sounded adventurous. I admit I was cooking the sweet potato and toasting the pecans at 11:30 the night before. But I will also tell you that this is not at all unusual for me. Come and stay the night at the Bessman B&B and you'll see what I mean :)

The top picture is of Aubrey, after breakfast was done, climbing back up to the table to sample the leftovers. She is offering me the pancake... a sort of peace offering for getting caught. The bottom picture is when I assured her that she was more than welcome to continue eating. These are stuffed full of a healthy vegetable for heaven's sake... eat your heart out baby girl!

*variations: I used 2 whole eggs rather than beating the egg whites separately. I have done that step before and I don't feel that it alters the texture or flavor at all. When I mixed the wet ingredients I used an immersion blender to rid the batter of any sweet potato lumps*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Powered by Blogger.