spoon

Recent Recipes

Salted Caramel Brownies

0

Category : ,



For those of you who I've been raving about this recipe to... in this case the picture does do it justice!

I have to admit that the first time I ever heard the term "salted caramel" was a couple years ago when Starbucks came out with their salted caramel hot chocolate. In my mind I thought "caramel hot chocolate topped with salt?? ew..." I had no idea that the "salt" and "caramel" went together. And then I started to think "salty and caramelly sweet?? yum!" So every recipe that put the two ingredients together (especially with chocolate) immediately caught my eye. I made homemade salted chocolate covered caramels for Valentine's Day for Joe, tore out this recipe and another for cupcakes... the beginning of what may be a new obsession.

*Note: as many of the reviews state on Cooking Light's website for this recipe, the caramel was difficult to spread and didn't spread entirely to the edges, leaving a small border without caramel along the perimeter... next time I think I'll try baking in an 8x8 pan instead of 9x9 to see if this helps... make no mistake, I WILL be making these again!*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Powered by Blogger.