spoon

Recent Recipes

Lemonade Frozen Yogurt

0

Category :

I love that this is the time of year for frozen desserts.  I've torn out several recipes for mouth-watering frozen yogurts and ice creams but somehow seem to forget that I even OWN an ice cream maker.  But when I got this incredibly easy recipe in an email, it gave me the inspiration I needed to dig the darn thing out of the garage and get freezing!  The kids were thrilled to be making our "own" frozen yogurt and Brendan (as with nearly all of my food creations) proclaimed that it was better than any frozen yogurt he'd ever had.  Have I mentioned I love that boy? :)

I must admit that this requires an ice cream maker.  If you don't own one you can get one relatively cheap here at under $40.  My ice cream maker is simple.  Cuisinart brand, 1 1/2 quart capacity.  Store the freezer bowl in the big freezer.  Nothing fancy but SO worth the excitement of "homemade!"


Lemonade Frozen Yogurt

1 quart (32 oz.) vanilla low-fat yogurt
1 can (12 0z.) lemonade concentrate, thawed
1 cup half and half
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup sugar

In a bowl, whisk together all ingredients.  Chill until cold, about 30 minutes.

Freeze mixture in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions until motor stops or dasher is hard to turn.  Transfer to an airtight container and freeze until firm enough to scoop, about 2 hours (frozen yogurt will keep in freezer for up to 2 weeks.)

Serving size = 1/2 cup

Cal: 190, Pro: 4.4g, Fat: 3.3g, Sat: 2.1g, Carb: 37g, Fiber: 0.1g, Chol: 11mg
*recipe courtesy of Sunset magazine*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Powered by Blogger.