spoon

Recent Recipes

Balsamic Pork Cutlets

0

Category :

I sadly left out the mushrooms... they would have been good in this dish.  But since there are really only two things (mushrooms and olives) that my dear husband won't eat, I figure I can be kind enough not to force them on him.  He tends to be one of my best critics and has rarely (if ever) disliked my "new creations."  And so, for him, I omit these ingredients because it's the least I can do...


Balsamic Pork Cutlets

4 boneless pork chops pounded to 1/2-inch thickness (I found thin-cut pork chops that worked great)
1/4 cup Wondra flour (regular flour would probably work just fine)
1 T olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 small red sweet pepper, seeds removed and chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 can (14.5 ounce) beef broth
1 can (6.5 ounces) mushrooms, drained
3 T balsamic vinegar
1 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup orzo, cooked with chicken broth

Coat pork with flour and shake off excess.  Reserve excess flour.  Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.  Add pork and cook 2 minutes per side.  Remove to a plate.  Add onion to skillet and cook 1 minute.  Add red pepper and garlic; cook 1 minute.  Stir reserved flour into chicken broth and add to skillet; sitr in mushrooms, vinegar, parsley, basil, pepper, and salt.  Bring to a simmer.  Add pork; cover and simmer for 10 minutes, turning after 5 minutes.

Serve pork with cooked orzo and steamed veggies.

CAL: 505. FAT: 15g (sat: 3g), PRO: 41g, CARB: 53g, FIBER: 6g, CHOL: 88mg

*Courtesy of Family Circle magazine*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Powered by Blogger.