spoon

Recent Recipes

Baked Blueberry Peach Oatmeal

1

Category : ,

It's hard for me to believe that I've never publicly shared this recipe.  It's one of my ABSOLUTE favorites and I would eat it every day if I could get away with it.  Instead I save it for special occasions because somehow I believe that I savor it so much more that way (and it's better for my waistline because, seriously, I can never eat just one small bowl.)  I often pull it out for company because it's easy, everyone loves it, and it impresses even the toughest critics.  This is another one of those "this will be my breakfast specialty at my bed and breakfast someday" recipes... the kind that always makes me say "I don't mean to toot my own horn... but this is amazing!!" And since I have it hand written on a recipe card with my own alterations, I can't give credit where credit is due because I honestly don't remember where I got the original so I apologize for that... but enjoy... because I know you will...


Baked Blueberry Peach Oatmeal

3 cups old fashioned oats
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 egg whites
1 egg
1 1/4 cups fat free milk
2 T. canola oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 (15-ounce) can sliced peaches drained and chopped
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, combine the oats, sugar, baking powder, and salt.  Whisk together the egg whites, egg, milk, oil and vanilla; add to dry ingredients and stir until blended.  Let stand for 5 minutes.  Stir in fruit.

Transfer to an 11x7 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.  Sprinkle with nuts.  Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until top is lightly browned.  Serve in bowls with additional milk if desired.

1 comments:

Thank-you for posting this recipe. Were are trying it out this morning for breakfast!!!

Post a Comment

Search

Powered by Blogger.