spoon

Recent Recipes

Creamy Balsamic Chicken

0

Category :


It wasn't until my best friend texted me recently in response to the new recipe I had tried that night for dinner and said "why don't you put it on the blog?  I use your blog for menu planning all the time!" that I realized just how long it had been since I posted anything.  The summer was spent mostly on tried and true "fall back" recipes.  I got in a rut of making things we had already had before.  And then there was the problem that when we tried new things, I either forgot to take a photo, or just gave up on trying.  So I had to dig into my archives of photos and pull out some good ones to share.  Which brought me to this memorable dish.  Creamy Balsamic Chicken.  Quick, easy, and cheers from the entire family.  A true winner for sure.

Creamy Balsamic Chicken
1-2 lbs chicken tenders (or chicken breasts cut lengthwise into three strips each)
3/4 teaspoon thyme
3/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
1 (15 oz) jar light alfredo sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar

Heat a large, deep nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.  Spray with cooking spray or lightly with olive oil.  Mix thyme and poultry seasoning and sprinkle evenly over chicken on both sides.  Brown chicken for about 2-3 minutes on both sides.  Remove chicken from pan.  Pour alfredo sauce and vinegar into pan.  Stir to combine and loosen any browned bits from bottom of pan.  Add chicken back to pan, coating it in sauce.  Cover pan and reduce heat to medium low until thoroughly heated and ready to eat.  Serve over angel hair pasta.

Original recipe from www.laurenslatest.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Powered by Blogger.