spoon

Recent Recipes

Blue-Cheese Stuffed Chicken

0

Category :

The recipe that started it all... I posted on Facebook that I had made this for dinner and got so much response that I knew I had to share. In fact, it was my sister who said "hey, why don't you just create a blog with all of your yummy recipes??" And so this blog was born...

This has to be one of my favorite new recipes to date. A little time consuming for sure, but beware that any recipe that involves "stuffing" a piece of meat will surely take some extra time. This one I can say was truly worth the extra effort. I served it with an amazing spinach orzo salad and roasted cauliflower. I cannot attest to the buffalo sauce, as I tend to cut out any spiciness (no one in this family is a fan.) So I left it out and served the chicken as-is (in hindsight I could have made the sauce and omitted the tabasco...) The only one who didn't clean her plate was Aubrey but she's a tough critic these days.

Spinach Orzo Salad
1 pkg (16 oz.) orzo pasta
1 pkg (6 oz.) fresh baby spinach, finely chopped
3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
3/4 cup finely chopped red onion
3/4 cup reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette
(my favorite is actually a fat-free version by Maple Grove Farms of Vermont)
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. white pepper
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts (I actually left these out because I forgot!)


Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, cheese, onion and orzo. In a small bowl, combine the vinaigrette, basil and pepper. Pour over orzo; toss to coat. Chill until serving. Just before serving, stir in pine nuts.


(courtesy of Taste of Home Healthy Cooking magazine)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Powered by Blogger.