spoon

Recent Recipes

Mango Curry Chicken (freezer meal)

0

Category : ,

Bear with me as I plan on attempting to improve my food photography skills. I've always concentrated on the taste and not so much the look. But as I continue with the blogging I've realized that presentation plays a huge part in a recipe's appeal. It's the reason I tend not to post unless I have a photo. But quality is where I fall short... I have a goal to improve... and I may someday reach it :)

As I've posted with a few past recipes, I absolutely LOVE to make meals to freeze. The convenience of pulling a homemade meal from the freezer is absolutely priceless to me. Of course I have my "go-to" freezer meals. The ones I know the family enjoys... ones that are easy to assemble and taste good too. So for this last freezer meal making mission I ventured out with a new one and was pleasantly surprised.

I will say that you need to have a bit of a taste for curry. While it's not overpowering, it's definitely there and, if you enjoy it, lends a nice touch to the flavor combo of the dish. Just whip up a batch of rice and some veggies and you've got yourself a gourmet meal!


Mango Curry Chicken

1/2 cup yellow onions, chopped
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
pinch ground cloves
4-5 chicken breasts cut lengthwise into thirds
1 (15-oz) can diced tomatoes with juice
1/2 cup store-bought mango chutney (such as Major Grey's)

In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except chicken. Stir well to combine. Label and date a one-gallon resealable freezer bag. Place chicken and curry mixture in bag and seal. Freeze for up to three months.

To Cook: Thaw completely. Place chicken mixture in crockpot on LOW setting for 4 hours. OR Heat a skillet over medium heat, place chicken mixture in skillet and bring to a boil. Cover and cook 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Serve over rice and sprinkle with chopped cashews and chopped cilantro, if desired.

*Recipe courtesy of Dream Dinners by Stephanie Allen and Tina Kuna*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Powered by Blogger.