spoon

Recent Recipes

Turkey Wraps with Maple Mustard Dressing

0

Category : ,

My long-time very close friend, Sarah has, for years, been one of my best food critics. Probably because she never dislikes anything I make and enjoys being the test subject for new recipes(exempting the "spinach stuffed chicken with apricot sauce" that I served when she had morning sickness... I think she still gets nauseous when I talk about that recipe...)

We used to get together on occasion for lunch and I always used it as an opportunity to make something new. I remember making "wraps" one time that we both absolutely fell in love with. Unfortunately, to this day, I still can't remember what was in them...

So when she scheduled her yearly visit for my birthday (the one time a year when I send my husband and children away for a weekend of respite with a much loved friend) I dug out this recipe and decided to try it out. I loved it... she raved... and she ended up taking home my printed out copy :) That's my beloved food critic and friend!


Turkey Wraps with Maple Mustard Dressing

4 fresh asparagus spears
4 teaspoons stone ground mustard
1 tablespoon reduced fat mayonnaise
1 tablespoon maple syrup
2 sandwich wraps (such as Flat Out brand flatbread wraps found in the bread aisle)
1/4 lb sliced deli turkey
1/4 medium avocado peeled and thinly sliced
2 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 cup shredded lettuce (or 1 cup sandwich sprouts)

In a large skillet, bring 3 cups water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and cook for 2-4 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.

Combine mustard, mayo and syrup; spread over each wrap. Layer with turkey, avocado and bacon, asparagus and lettuce/sprouts. Roll up and cut in half.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Powered by Blogger.