spoon

Recent Recipes

Shrimp and Bacon Deviled Eggs

0

Category : ,

A little taste of wonderful :)

We were invited to some friends' house for Easter dinner this year and signed up to bring an appetizer and a dessert.  Like my earlier posts on appetizers I will reiterate that I love signing up for appetizers because it gives me the perfect opportunity to make a new recipe that I wouldn't have otherwise made.  But when I realized someone else had already signed up to bring deviled eggs I was crushed.  For this was the recipe I had planned to "wow" people with.  I searched for something different.... then got the text.... Deviled egg maker #1 was sick and wouldn't be making it to dinner.  Would I mind making the eggs in her absence...

Would I mind? I was secretly beside myself.  Shrimp and Bacon Deviled Eggs would make their debut! And much to my expectation, they were everything I imagined and more...

*recipe modified from Cooking Light*

Shrimp and Bacon Deviled Eggs

8 hard boiled large eggs, peeled
2 tablespoons instant potato flakes
1/4 cup reduced fat mayonnaise
1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup salad shrimp chopped
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
3 tablespoons Real Bacon Bits (not the fake granular kind)

Cut eggs in half lengthwise; remove yolks.  Place 4-5 yolks in a medium bowl; reserve remaining yolks for another use (crumble over a salad?) Add potato flakes and next five ingredients (through pepper); stir well.  Stir in shrimp and parsley.  Spoon about 1 rounded tablespoon yolk mixture into each egg white half.  Sprinkle with bacon.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Powered by Blogger.