spoon

Recent Recipes

Chicken Fiesta

0

Category :

I think the thing that most attracted me to this recipe was all the colors.  I love a pretty dish.  And then there's the fact that you pretty much just toss it all into one baking pan and everything cooks together without any fuss.  Especially helpful when you have a feverish whining baby who just wants to be snuggled but you're trying desperately to get dinner made.  I can deal with 5 minutes of a desperate baby clinging to my leg if it means I can toss the dish in the oven, set the timer and give sweet baby snuggles after that.

This dish really is amazing.  Any dinner really, that my picky 6-year-old will eat, is amazing in my book.  So I will bring this into rotation as a family regular for sure.

Chicken Fiesta (adapted from www.dessertnowdinnerlater.com)
16 oz jar of mild salsa
1 cup long grain white rice
1 (14.5 oz) can corn, undrained
1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
4 or 5 small chicken breasts
1 tablespoon taco seasoning
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup chopped green onions

In a medium bowl, combine first 5 ingredients.  Pour into a 9x13 baking dish coated with cooking spray (alternatively, spray dish then just mix all ingredients in dish to save a bowl from needing a wash.) Top with chicken breasts and sprinkle with taco seasoning.  Bake at 375 for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.  Sprinkle dish evenly with green onions.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Powered by Blogger.