spoon

Recent Recipes

Bourbon-Brown Sugar Salmon

0

Category : ,

Bourbon-Brown Sugar Salmon with Onion Sauce

In flipping through my aforementioned cookbook I ran across this amazing sounding recipe and realized it had been quite some time since I made salmon for dinner. I love to experiment with this particular fish. Try new flavors, otherwise it can get boring. But I can say with certainty that this one will get used again and again. The sweetness of the glaze with the crunchiness of the topping and the flavors of the sauce were truly amazing! I was only slightly skeptical when Brendan asked that morning what we were having for dinner and I told him salmon to which he replied "Salmon?! I LOVE Salmon!!" with over-the-top enthusiasm. But when he and his sister both ate every last bite I knew I had a winner. It doesn't require my children actually eating my dishes to feel like an accomplished cook... but it sure as heck helps :)

*the only alteration to the original recipe was that I found some smaller salmon fillets marked down for quick sale and opted to buy those instead of one large fillet. I purchased three small filets that added up to about 2 1/2 lbs and they worked out just fine... I served it with roasted potatoes and steamed asparagus*

Easy Roasted Potatoes: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Scrub, dry and dice 4 medium-sized russet potatoes. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and place diced potatoes on pan. Sprinkle with desired amount of Lawry's Season Salt (no need for any oil, they get crispier this way!) Bake at 400 for 25-30 minutes "stirring" occasionally with a spatula until browned and slightly crisp. DELICIOUS!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Powered by Blogger.