spoon

Recent Recipes

Pork Chops with Country Sauce

0

Category :

So I changed the name of the original recipe. When I ran across this recipe in one of my beloved Cooking Light cookbooks I was intrigued. Pork Chops with Country Gravy? Sounds DELICIOUS! However, as my meal preparation progressed, I realized this would look nothing like I had imagined "country gravy" to look. More like a sauce, nothing like a gravy, I served this dinner with a slight sense of failure. It hadn't turned out the way it was supposed to and I followed the directions exactly! But such is the life of an adventurous cook... you sometimes end up eating your mistakes and failures....

Except that this wasn't. A mistake or a failure that is. It was something much better than I had even imagined. Maybe it was a combination of the braised chop atop warm mashed potatoes covered in this strange new "sauce." But all I could think was "WHOA!" And 4 cleaned plates backed it up as a "keeper" and maybe even a new favorite...


Pork Chops Braised with Country Sauce

4 boneless pork loin chops
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 cups milk (I used nonfat because it's what we have in our fridge)
1 teaspoon butter

Trim fat from pork. Combine flour, salt and pepper in a large resealable bag. Add pork; seal bag and shake to coat pork with flour mixture. Remove pork from bag, reserving remaining flour mixture. place reserved flour mixture in a small bowl. Gradually add 3/4 cup milk, stirring with a whisk until blended.

Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork; cook 5 minutes on each side or until browned. Add milk mixture; cover, reduce heat to low and cook 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn pork. Stir in 3/4 cup milk; cover and cook an additional 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover skillet and cook pork 15 minutes or until sauce is reduced to 2/3 cup. Serve pork chops atop mashed potatoes. Spoon sauce over pork.

YUMM!! *courtesy of Cooking Light*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Powered by Blogger.