spoon

Recent Recipes

Apple Glazed Chicken Meatballs

0

Category : ,

I ran across this recipe in Parents magazine awhile back and finally got around to trying it out.  I'm a sucker for sweet and savory together and this recipe highlights that concept well.  I figure it also usually gets my kids to eat whatever it is I've made too and this was no exception.  Every plate was cleaned and even I couldn't believe how much flavor these things had.  Incredible.


Apple Glazed Meatballs

1 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs (I used the heels to my bread, stuck 'em in my mini cuisinart and voila!)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 medium apple, coarsely grated
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper
1 lb. ground chicken or turkey
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1/2 cup apple cider
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar

In a large bowl combine bread crumbs, cheese, egg, apple, mustard, parsley, salt and pepper.  Mix well.  Add chicken and mix together well.

In a frying pan, heat oil on medium heat.  Roll mixture into 12 balls.  Fry in oil, turning occasionally until meatballs are browned and cooked through, about 15 minutes.

Glaze: In a pot, mix apple cider, maple syrup and vinegar.  Simmer over low heat until reduced by half, about 15 minutes.  Toss meatballs in glaze and serve.  Makes 4 servings.

*Courtesy of Parents magazine*
Calories: 349  Fat: 11g (sat 2g)  Protein: 31g  Carb: 29g  Fiber: 2g

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Powered by Blogger.