spoon

Recent Recipes

Huli Huli Chicken

0

Category :

I love to grill.  This is a well known fact.  I love summertime because I love my barbecue (among other reasons of course...)  But make no mistake, I can be found barbecuing into the winter since my grill sits just feet from the glass sliding door off of our kitchen.

So I love my grill and I love finding new recipes.  And when I find one I enjoy, I love sharing them...

This chicken was amazing.  The sweet and salty teriyaki-like Hawaiian flavors combined wonderfully together for a flavorful meal.  I, again, used a mixture of boneless skinless chicken breasts and thighs but both turned out equally as delicious so use whatever you prefer!


Grilled Huli Huli Chicken

1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup ketchup
3/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
1/3 cup sherry or chicken broth
2 1/2 tsp. minced fresh gingerroot
1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
3-4 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs (or breasts, or both...)

In a small bowl, mix all ingredients except chicken.  Reserve 1 1/3 cups for basting; cover and refrigerate.  Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag (or two) and add marinade to bag.  Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.

Drain and discard marinade from chicken.  Preheat grill to medium heat.  Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until no longer pink; baste occasionally with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes.

*Courtesy of Taste of Home*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Powered by Blogger.