spoon

Recent Recipes

Creamy Butterscotch Pudding

0

Category :

I'm a pudding lover. I'll admit it. Whenever I'm at a loss for something to fix for dessert, I whip this one out (or, let's face it, I'm not afraid to admit that I've been known to indulge in a box of Jell-O pudding now and again... but only if it's the cook-n-serve kind!) But the thing that ultimately draws me to this recipe time and time again is the quickness and ease of the "always on hand" ingredients. Seriously... crazy easy and SO delicious...


Creamy Butterscotch Pudding

1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar (I use whatever I have... light or dark)
2 Tbsp. plus 2 tsp cornstarch
1/8 tsp. salt
2 cups fat free milk
2 egg yolks lightly beaten
1 Tbsp. butter
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla

In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, cornstarch and salt. Add milk and egg yolks; stir with whisk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened.

Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Cool to room temperature, stirring several times. Pour into 4 individual desert dishes. Cover and refrigerate 1-2 hours or until chilled (who are they kidding... I never have enough discipline to actually wait 1-2 hours!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Powered by Blogger.