spoon

Recent Recipes

Sweet Potato Crab Cakes

0

Category :

Before the combination of "sweet potato" and "crab" turns you off to this recipe, let me assure you that I'm not even sure why they bear the name, when the scant 1/4 cup of mashed sweet potato lends only the very slightest flavor to the dish. I was thrilled to try them. I figured the odd combination might turn out well. And while I absolutely LOVED these cakes, it left me wishing for a little more "sweet potato-ness" :) Having said this, I will no doubt keep this recipe around as it was much better than the previous ones I attempted. Delicious with a good tartar sauce or aioli and served alongside steamed zucchini and roasted potato wedges! But if you're going to go to the trouble of peeling, dicing, boiling and mashing a small sweet potato, you might as well toss the whole thing in there.

I just might try that next time...

*Courtesy of Taste of Home*

Sweet Potato Crab Cakes

1 egg plus 1 egg yolk, beaten
1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup mashed sweet potato
1 green onion, chopped
2 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
2 tsp. seafood seasoning
2 tsp. ground mustard
1/2 tsp. cajun seasoning
4 (6 oz.) cans lump crabmeat, drained
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup canola oil

In a large bowl, combine all ingredients through cajun seasoning. Fold in crab. Form into 12 patties; sprinkle with salt.

In a large skillet over medium heat, cook crab cakes in hot oil in batches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Powered by Blogger.